- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour or quinoa flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle cinnamon
- Spray a glass microwave-safe mug or small bowl with nonstick spray.
- Add all ingredients to mug or bowl and stir well.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes until set and fluffy. (cooking times will depend on microwaves)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 MUFFIN)
- Calories: 177
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 4.5g
Sport Benefits: A great way for athletes, parents, and coaches to eat healthy during travel for competitions/games. All you need to pack are the ingredients and a mug. Make sure the hotel room has a microwave!
Recipe By: Angela Dufour, MEd, RD, CSSD, Performance Dietitian